Upcoming Extension Programs
- Small Scale Mushroom Production - Feb 10, Live Oak, FL.
- North Florida Cattlemen's Association Meeting - Feb 4 - 11am. Columbia County Fairgrounds.
- Stone Fruit & Muscadine Grape Pruning Workshop - Feb 14 - 1pm to 3pm. Live Oak, FL. More information register here.
- Fruit Orchard Workshop: Planting & 1st Year Maintenance - Feb 17 - 9:30am to 11:30am, Baker County Extension Office.
- Wild Turkey Workshop - Feb 23 - 8am to noon.. Pre-register by Feb 16 by contacting Billy Clayton at 850-767-3634. Laurel Hill, FL. Learn how to increase wild turkey on your property: improve habitat, food plots and cost-share programs to help at this free workshop and tour.
- Home Grown Tomatoes - Mar 3 - 10am or 3pm, Baker County Extension Office.
- Starting a Successful Hydroponic Business - March 13-14 or March 17-18 - 9am to 4:30pm. - Suwannee Valley Agricultural Extension Center, Live Oak, FL
- Spring Garden Festival - Saturday, April 1 - 9am-2pm. Held in the Arboretum & Gardens and the Baker County Extension Office (Ag Center)
- IFAS Web Calendar - upcoming programs around the state.
- Small Farms & Alternative Enterprises - List of Upcoming Programs
4-H Agent's Open Door Hours:
Availability is subject to change due to conferences, day camps, etc.
Please call 259-3520 to set up an appointment for all other work days and times. Feel free to email at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will get back to you as soon as possible during regular business hours.
- Florida State Fair - Feb 9-20 - Tampa, FL
- 4-H Showcase at the State Fair - Feb 11 - Tampa, FL
- District Council - Feb 20 - 6pm - Lake Butler, FL
- 4-H County Events - February 25 - Baker County Administration Building, 55 N 3rd Street, Macclenny
- Deadline to register for 3rd Executive Board - March 3
- 3rd Executive Board - March 10-12, Camp Timpoochee, Niceville. For youth 13 and up.
- NE District Volunteer Forum - March 18 - Camp Cherry Lake, Madison, FL
- National 4-H Conference - March 24-31, Washington, D.C.
- Spring Garden Festival - April 1 - 9am-2pm, Baker County Extension Office - Arboretum and Gardens
- Mandatory Livestock Animal Orientation - Tuesday, April 4 - 6:30pm to 7:30pm - Baker County Agricultural Center Auditorium. If you do not attend this meeting you cannot participate in a livestock project.
- District Events - April 13 - 6pm-8pm, Lake Butler
- Office Closed - Good Friday - April 14
- Extension Symposium - April 17-19
- Annual 4-H Auction - May 6 - 6pm, Baker County Extension (Ag Center Auditorium)
- Camp Cherry Lake - June 19-23
- Cloverleaf Cloggers -Every Monday at 7pm at Baker County Extension Office (Ag Center Auditorium) (Club Leaders: Madeline Carroll and Janet Lawson)
- Livestock Club - Meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of each month at the Baker County Extension Office (Ag Center Auditorium). (Club Leaders: Emily Couliette, Corley Sweat, Blaine Turner, Brian Turner)
- New All County - SPIN (Special Interest) Club - Meets once a week on Monday's for six weeks at the Baker County Extension Office. (Ag Center Auditorium)
Dog Club meets Jan 16th through Feb 20th at 6pm. Contact the office at 259-3520 to confirm date. (Club Leader: Sara Rungruang, Lydia Pons)